Want to join our team?
We are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below.
To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Of House Manager
The Front of House Manager is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the Historic Tamarack Lodge. The main focus of the role is the training, supervising, and scheduling of the front desk team. It also includes supervision of the bar and dining room and serves as the lead point person with regard to the Front Desk technology systems and in-house guest marketing initiatives. Will also function as Front Desk Service Agent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on all front desk operations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, and safety and emergency procedures.
- Ensure all staff has the supplies needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Supervise the front desk and reservation functions to ensure the delivery of superior guest services, the security of monies, credit card transactions, and guest information.
- Responsible for the supervision of the security of cash, credit card transactions, and guest information.
- Supervise the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room/cabin type and length of stay pricing. Work with the hotel’s property management and reservation system(RDP), point of sale, and maintenance software applications.
- Supervise the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type and length of stay pricing.
- Establish effective Front Desk communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and one-on-one interaction with the staff.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Supervise the daily execution of the bar/coffee area by ensuring each is stocked and maintained in an orderly and appealing manner.
- Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints or concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Will be involved in marketing initiatives.
- Supervise the accurate processing of all transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier, and other reports.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of previous hotel experience required – preferably in a management or team leadership role.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances preferred.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities preferred.
- Social Media posting and advertising experience highly preferred.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- Will be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Google Workspace (formerly Gsuite) required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting, or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Will be required to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Front Desk Associate
We pride ourselves on our hospitality and standard of service. Our goal is to make each individual guest feel right at home. Our Front Desk staff meet and greet all our guests at point of booking and welcome them to the lodge at check-in. If you think you have what it takes to provide our guests with an outstanding vacation experience and you fit the profile below, give us a call and we’ll tell you more and take your details!
Duties & Responsibilities
- handling guest inquiries on phone and face-to-face
- taking bookings using our computerized reservation system
- general office duties
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years computer experience
- a High School Diploma or GED
- excellent multi-tasking skills
- excellent customer service skills (in person and over the telephone)
- experience of working in a busy, high-stress environment (preferred not essential)
- good knowledge of Glacier National Park and surrounding area (preferred, but training will be given)
- working experience of RDP, Aloha, Booking.com, and Expedia a definite asset for this position.
Would prefer one-year of housekeeping experience but are willing to train the right person. Must be able to lift 50lbs, and stand for long periods of time. Applicants should take pride in their work, pay attention to detail, and be a team player. Responsible for cleanliness of all cabins/rooms on daily basis. Duties include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms, and vacuuming.