Want to join our team?
We are currently accepting applications for the positions listed below.
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com
Experience necessary, must have own transportation and a valid drivers licence. Ability to pass a background check is vital. Must be able to work unsupervised to high standards and be willing to take relevant SafeServ courses as required.
Restaurant/Front Of House Manager
Restaurants are typically divided into two major management areas: back of house
(including kitchen, storage, and dish-washing areas) and front of house (the dining room,
lobby, and any lounge or bar areas.) The person who will oversee the latter area at Off
The Beaten path at Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins is the front of house manager.
The front of house manager will oversee the interview and hiring processes for positions
such as servers, hosts, bussers, and bartenders. They also oversee, direct, and actively
participate in the training of personnel in these positions. Additionally, the front of house
manager will supervise the cleanliness and upkeep of the dining room and guest
contact areas, including restrooms and public facing food and beverage areas. Finally,
the front of house manager will supervise individual shifts, helping to ensure that dining
guests are served in a manner that meets the standards set by the Summitquest LLC
and Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins.
In addition to these supervisory roles, the front of house manager typically will assist
with budget forecasting as it applies to labor cost and operating supplies. The front of
house manager will also be tasked with inventory and cost control regarding liquor beer
and wine costs as well. The front of house manager will be expected to monitor and act
on opportunities to minimize waste and maximize sales.
The educational background required for the front of house manager position is as
follows: we would prefer a candidate with a post-secondary degree in hospitality or
customer service, although practical experience may be given equal weight upon the
hiring managers discretion. Previous experience in a restaurant environment is
required, and prior managerial experience is also required.
Front of House Manager Tasks
- Manage daily operations of the front of house of the restaurant
- Oversee preparation of public areas before guests arrive and maintain cleanliness during
- Ensure compliance with safety and health regulations.
- Hire, train, and supervise front of house staff, making sure they meet customer service and
- Hire, train, and supervise any international J1 visa workers to ensure they meet customer
service and sales objectives.
- Supervise use of Aloha POS system, cash drawers, deposits, and sales for the day.
- Coach and lead serving staff to up-sell and maximize up-selling opportunities
- Interact with guests and patrons to ensure that they have the “trip of a lifetime”, to include
activities inside an outside of the lodge.
- Maintain a relationship with front desk team and kitchen staff to ensure goals are being met
and guests are satisfied
- Maintain labor and scheduling to maximize growth and sales of the restaurant
- Maintain workforce while working with executive management team of lodge to ensure
growth of restaurant, satisfaction of guests, and inter-operation of lodge staff.
Wage Depending On Experience. Experience necessary, must have own transportation and a valid drivers licence. Ability to pass a background check is vital. Must be able to work unsupervised to high standards and be willing to take relevant SafeServ courses as required.
Front Desk Host
(1 x year-round position, 2 x seasonal positions. Wage dependent on experience.)
We pride ourselves on our hospitality and standard of service. Our goal is to make each individual guest feel right at home. Our Front Desk staff meet and greet all our guests at point of booking and welcome them to the lodge at check in. If you think you have what it takes to provide our guests with an outstanding vacation experience and you fit the profile below, give us a call and we’ll tell you more and take your details!
Front Desk Host Tasks
- handling guest inquiries on phone and face-to-face
- taking bookings using our computerized reservation system
- general office duties
- check in/check out
The ideal candidate must have:
- 2 years computer experience
- a High School Diploma or GED
- excellent multi-tasking skills
- excellent customer service skills (in person and over the telephone)
- experience of working in a busy, high stress environment (preferred not essential)
- good knowledge of Glacier National Park and surrounding area (preferred, but training will be given)
- working experience of RDP, Aloha, Booking.com and Expedia a definite asset for this position.
Housekeeping (year-round and seasonal positions available)
Would prefer one year housekeeping experience but are willing to train the right person. Must be able to lift 50lbs, and stand for long periods of time. Applicant should take pride in their work, pay attention to detail, and be a team player. Responsible for cleanliness of all cabins/rooms on daily basis. Duties include making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms, and vacuuming.
Experience necessary, must have own transportation and a valid drivers license. Ability to pass a background check is vital. Must be able to work unsupervised to high standards and be willing to take relevant SafeServ courses as required.
Must be familiar with Aloha POS system, be a team player and have strong customer service skills.